SBCGlobal.net is a renowned email service that has a huge user base. However, it shows anomalous behavior in multiple instances, and prevent users from sending/receiving emails. There are multi-faceted issues with the email service and can be triggered due to several possible reasons. To know the best troubleshooting solutions, you need to know the exact reasons behind the error. Sometimes, the abstract nature of the email issues makes it perplexing for the users to resolve them. Here is a genuine guide that can help you to know how to eliminate SBCGlobal email not working issue.
What is SBCGlobal Email Not Working Error?
SBCGlobal email is one of the most popular email services that has gained popularity due to seamless features and strong security. But it gives errors like any other email service. SBCGlobal email is not working is one such error you need to fix in order to send and receive emails. There are several other instances of this error, such as mailbox not loading due to an unexpected error, SBCGlobal mailbox is not responding and several others.
Possible Reasons Behind SBCGlobal.net Not Working
After getting a brief about the SBCGlobal not working error, let’s understand the possible factors that can prevent you from using the email smoothly:
- When your Internet connection is not stable.
- Erroneous settings of your Internet browser.
- Anti-virus or Firewall settings are obstructing the email.
- Faulty extensions or add-ons on your Internet browser.
- SBCGlobal server is down.
- An outdated version of your Internet browser.
- Incorrect time and date settings on your system.
- The misleading server address can also evoke the error.
- When you enter an incorrect user name or password.
These are some of the possible reasons behind the SBCGlobal not working error, you need to check when having trouble with your email.
SBCGlobal Mail Is Not Working Common Workarounds
To override the issue, you can perform the below-given steps:
Solution 1: Verify Your Internet Connection
Before jumping to further troubleshooting, make sure that you have a stable Internet connection. It is the most basic step you should perform before moving to advance troubleshooting. A poor Internet connection can prevent you from loading your email. In such a case, wait for the connection to become intact again, or switch to a strong connection, wherein, you can load your emails swiftly.
Solution 2: Optimize Your Internet Browser’s Performance
To ensure the optimal performance of your Internet browser, you need to make certain important changes.
- An outdated version of your Internet browser can trigger compatibility issues with your email. In such a case, update it to the latest release available.
- Sometimes, users create a pile of cookies and cache, which can be a possible reason behind the error. Clean them up!
- The blockers of the ads and suspicious browser extensions can also cause the error. You need to disable them when receiving the SBCGlobal not working issue.
Solution 3: Check Your Email’s Server Status
If your SBCGlobal email server is down, all your efforts to fix the error will go in vain. In such a scenario, all you can do is wait until the server is restored to normal. However, you can check your server status to determine the possible reason behind the problem. You may utilize a server outage tool, such as “Down For Everyone Or Just Me?” to check if your server is down or not. For SBCGlobal, you need to check the AT&T server, as AT&T has acquired the SBCGlobal.
Solution 4: Make Sure That You Have Entered the Correct Login Credentials
When in hurry, you may end up entering incorrect login credentials. Sometimes, you enter the incorrect address again and again and fail to notice a minor displacement in the characters. All these issues can lock you out of your email. Therefore, it is important to enter the login credentials with the utmost care and avoid making typo errors. If you are not able to recall your login password, you can easily reset the SBCGlobal password using a few simple steps.
Solution 5: Check Your Email Settings
You may get SBCGlobal not receiving email errors due to faulty email settings. Sometimes, you mistakenly block the sender or get blocked by the sender. Also, make sure that your emails are not going into the wrong folders. These simple considerations can keep the SBCGlobal not working issue at bay.
Solution 6: Recover Your Hacked Account
Sometimes, people with nefarious intentions make an undesired intrusion into your email account by hacking it. It is a critical situation and you need to act in a prompt manner to recover your hacked account. Reset your password immediately and ensure all the security measures to keep the security of your account intact.
To end things off…
SBCGlobal not working is undoubtedly an annoying error. You can get rid of this error by performing the solutions described in this post carefully. Alternatively, you can connect with an experienced technician and describe the error in detail. Based on your description, you can get it fixed in no time.
- How to fix SBCGlobal.NET email is not working on Android?
If you are getting an error when logging into your SBCGlobal account using your Android phone, follow the below-given steps:
- At first, you need to restart your Android device to check if it resolves the error. Also, verify that your Internet connection is stable.
- If the error persists after the first step, try to reset your password if it is hacked or forgotten.
- If nothing works, try to uninstall and reinstall the app and try to log into your account once again.
- Moving ahead, check your POP/IMAP settings and make sure that they are correct.
- If you are getting errors in SBCGlobal due to server issues, wait for some time until the server issue is resolved.
2: How to resolve SBCGlobal Email page doesn’t load on iPhone?
If your SBCGlobal email on iPhone is not working after setting up, then below are the steps you should try:
- In the first place, you need to check your signal strength to log into your email account.
- Check your POP/IMAP settings and enter accurate credentials with the utmost care and attention.
- After that, check if removing and re-adding your account on your iPhone resolves the issue.
- Check if the incoming and outgoing servers are correct: (inbound.att.net), and (outbound.net). Also, make sure that the SSL authentication is enabled for both servers.
- Clear your iPhone’s cache and confirm that the SBCGlobal email account is now working fine.
- If there is an issue with the server, you have no option but to wait until the email client fixes the issue.
3: What are the steps to troubleshooting the SBCGlobal.NET email error in Mac?
SBCGlobal.NET email not working error can take place on your Mac, then below are the helpful steps to eliminate the issue:
- From within your Mac device, go to the Settings option.
- After that, click Mail >> Accounts and it will open a list of accounts.
- Next, you need to click Add Account >> Other.
- Moving ahead, click Add an email account and enter your SBCGlobal email account and password in the specified areas.
- Now locate the Description field and type “SBCGlobal” in it.
- Click Next >> POP and enter “inbound.att.net” as the hostname.
- Again, click Next and enter “outbound.att.net”.
- Finally, click Save and make sure that the changes are saved.
These steps will ensure that the account is set up properly on Mac and the SBCGlobal.net email not working issue is resolved.
4: How to reset the password for the SBCGlobal.net account?
In case, you have lost or forgotten your email password, or it is hacked, you can change it using a few simple steps. You can do it by visiting the primary SBCGlobal email login page – signin.att.com or digitallocker.att.net. When on the Sign In page, you need to click on Forgot Password. After that, type your User ID or email address and Last Name. Next, mark the checkbox for ‘I’m Not a Robot’ and click on ‘Continue’. You can now reset your lost password by following the on-screen instructions carefully.
5: How to recover a lost SBCGlobal email ID?
In case, you have lost your SBCGlobal/ATT net User ID, go to the login page and click on ‘Forgot user ID?” to start the procedure. Next, you need to enter your Contact Email Address and checkmark the box for I’m Not a Robot. Finally, click on Continue and your User ID will be emailed to you.